Student Visa - You+Aus

Student Visa
(subclass 500)

With this visa you can visit Australia to participate in a course of study.

Information is always changing so it’s best to check for updates at the Department of Home Affairs website


You can stay up to 5 years and in line with your enrolment


From AUD650, unless exempt

Processing Times

Processing times vary

with this visa you can
  • participate in an eligible course of study
  • bring family members to Australia with you
  • apply online in or outside Australia
  • Work unlimited hours. However, 40 hours a-fortnight restrictions will be re-introduced on July 1st 2023.  See Temporary changes to visa work conditions for Students and Working Holiday Makers here
you must
  • be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
  • hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
  • must be 16 years or older
  • prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
  • If in Australia hold an eligible substantive visa. See eligibility here

working holiday visa

This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (or 35 years old for some countries) have their first extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip.

Learn more

temporary skills shortage visa 482

An employer sponsors a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill.

Learn more

Temporary Skills VISA 186

This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.

Learn more